2 Years | Anchors Aweigh

Pages

2 Years

Two years ago today, Parker and I began our journey as husband and wife. It's crazy to think it's already been two whole years! In the big scheme of things, it's hardly a milestone, but so much has changed in our lives since the day we said "I do".


We've moved three times, lived in two different states, made new friends that turned into best friends, and laughed until our stomachs hurt at absolutely nothing. Our first dance at our wedding was to the song "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley. We still quote the lyrics to each other all the time, but it really is amazing how we thought we loved each other so much when we got married, but it doesn't even compare to how much we love each other now.

I am so excited to see what God has in store for us in this third year of marriage. Looking back at what we've already been through in the past two years, we feel completely humbled by all the blessings God has given us. Our marriage has been an absolute gift from God, and it's something we try to never take for granted.

We celebrated 2 years with a weekend getaway to Fredericksburg, and it was the perfect way to honor the occasion. We took our anniversary pictures this year on Enchanted Rock. Maybe hiking up a steep rock isn't the best thing to do before a photo op, but check out that background!



I love you Parker Phelps! Two years down, forever to go!


16 comments :

Kate Mitchell said...

Congratulations!

Kirst Semler said...

Congratulations! Love that scenery! I think every year in a marriage should be a mile stone!

Christiana Marie said...

That was our first dance song too! It's such a sweet song! So happy for you guys!

Katie said...

I love love the picture in a picture idea!! Makes me wish I had started something like that 4 years ago! It will be so fun to look back at those photos and see how far you can take it! Congratulations on two years!

Emily Stewart said...

Well I just love you guys is all. Happy Anniversary you two!

Susannah said...

I love your picture in a picture tradition! Super cute!!! Isn't it so special to continue falling in love with someone when we think we already love him as much as we can?

Kalyn Randolph said...

How fun! All of your pictures are amazing! It looks like you both had a wonderful time! I am a new follower form the link-up! Ya'' are precious and I look forward to reading more! Thanks so much for linking up with us and sharing your anniversary!

Kalyn
www.lovelaughterhappileverafter.com

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!! May God bless you in the years to come. And I love your picture in a picture!

Nellie said...

Praying that God will give you many more years of wedded bliss! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

SUCH a cute post! :)

Unknown said...

Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via Bloglovin' :o) I hope you'll get a chance to check me out! You can find me here:

BLOG
http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

BLOGLOVIN'
http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Hello said...

I love love love your anniversary photo idea! how awesome. happy anniversary :) x

Veronica Lee Burns said...

This is the cutest! It's fun to see what year 2 of that picture holding a picture looks like! So cool.

Glad you linked up with us!

Jovana {TasteofAugust} said...

Congrats on two years! Love your last sentence "two years down, forever to go". So cute!

Lindsay Erin said...

What a great thing to celebrate! Would love it if you added the Celebrate EVERYTHING button to this post! Also, be sure to check out my giveaway today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...