Switching Places | Anchors Aweigh

Pages

Switching Places

I wrote this for a guest post for one of my blogger friends, but I thought it would be a fun story to share with you all as well! If you know me or have read this blog, you know I have an identical twin sister. (I'm on the left, she's on the right)


We have always looked a lot alike, and senior year of high school, we decided to take advantage of that. After all, it would be criminal not to switch places and have a little fun, right? That was our view anyway. We switched places once in English class and got away with it, but we wanted to really have some fun with it. She ran track in high school, and I played tennis. I was at her track meet one afternoon to cheer her on, and she told me she didn't really feel like running her second race (the mile). We grinned and instantly saw an opportunity. We went to the bathroom as ourselves and came out completely switched. Let me preface the race with this: I am not a runner. Never had been, but this was just too good to pass up.

I did some obnoxious stretches on the field as word got around the stands that it was actually me about to run.The gun went off, and everyone sprinted off! What?! I thought this was the mile and we were supposed to pace ourselves. I ran my little heart out and expected "my" coach to tell me I was doing a great job. I could tell by his face he was disappointed with my performance, so I pointed to my stomach and yelled "cramp!". I was feeling fine, but I needed an excuse for why I was apparently running so much slower than usual. Everyone in the stands was cheering for "me", which was quite the adrenaline rush! I ran the fastest mile time I have ever run and actually came in second to last place- I saw this as an accomplishment in and of itself since the poor girl I beat actually ran track.

So here's the downside. The coaches found out, and the athletic department decided they needed to make an example out of us for other twins (cue giggling from us), so we both had to sit out on our next meet. It happened to be district, which was a huge disappointment that I had to deal with for a while, but it's a fun story to tell and a great story for the twin and I to look back on.

Here are a few throwbacks from that wonderful senior year of high school. Can you tell us apart??




8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Haha OMG that is hilarious that ya'll switched places!! I would love to have a twin to do that! Lol!

Courtney Kassner said...

Such a funny story! Sounds like fun too!

Anonymous said...

I laughed SO hard when I read your story! That poor runner must have been really embarrassed when she realized she was beat by a non-track athlete.

Mrs. M ~ a.k.a. ~ April said...

How funny! I have sisters that are identical twins and I think they also had their share of fun in school too!

Susannah said...

Haha. I love that story. I've always wanted to be an identical twin. I totally would take advantage of the switching. :-)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

I serious cant. dang I suck at this.

MacKensie said...

That is too funny! Ballsy move, ladies. haha love it.

xo

MacKensie
mackensieg.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi. I'm a new read.. OMG this is a hilarious story :)!

-Sam
http://sammeetslife.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...